It probably won’t have escaped your attention that it’s World Antibiotic Awareness Week (#WAAW). Here’s a quick summary of what’s going on this week that may be of interest. Please feel free to add to this shared resource in the comments section.
- WHO are firmly behind WAAW, with a dedicated landing page and a host of resources. Handy posters, infographics, and other materials are there to support your personal / team / organisation’s campaign. I think the most powerful single image is the antibiotic hourglass; we’re running out of time!
- Elsevier have helpfully pulled together a selection of WAAW-related papers, which are worth a browse.
- PHE have pulled together their selection of resources here, linked closely with the recently launched ‘Keep Antibiotics Working‘ campaign.
- CDC have linked their resources here. Isn’t it interesting that WAAW is US Antibiotic Awareness Week in the USA…!
- ECDC are focusing on European Antibiotic Awareness Day (EAAD).
- The Antibiotic Guardian site has a useful list of Twitter Chats this week.
And to finish, one example from a series of WHO WAAW videos, with simple message around slowing the antibiotic hourglass: